Within APRI some of the partners who work in digital companies, in consulting firms carrying out projects with these companies, or in associations representing companies in these sectors, consider that the work in Public Affairs and Institutional Relations that is done within or for these companies, exhibits some differentiated singularities that can be relevant to deepen their knowledge.
Nowadays, talking about the digital economy means talking about the economy as a whole, since in parallel to the companies, firms, startups and associations that are born digital or that develop their activity in the different verticals, aspire to improve their results and their structures through digitalization.
If we stick to the former, public affairs work is characterized by at least three very unique features:
- Technological disruption, as a context that impacts our daily tasks and our projects.
- Permanent regulatory tension. Since technology and the business models generated around it, evolve much faster than the ability of governments, regulators and citizens to manage it properly.
- The need for a dizzying update. Not only digital companies, but also public affairs professionals must constantly update their skills to face a changing environment such as the digital one.
Some or all of these features need not be exclusive to the digital economy, but the impact of the combination of the three is likely to be greater than any other sector of the economy.
Based on these basic ideas, a series of objectives and activities are proposed.
– To generate knowledge about Public Affairs in the field of the digital economy.
– To share ideas within and outside APRI about work in these areas.
– To identify and highlight good practices or models.
– To help APRI in the achievement of its own objectives in relation to the verticals related to the digital economy.
The working group is composed by:
- Agustín Baeza (Coordinator). Director of Public Affairs of the Spanish Association of Startups.
- Javier Aparicio, Head Of Communications & Pa De Bird.
- Diego Bayón, Associate Director Kreab.
- Marta Becerra, Director of Public Affairs, Adigital.
- Dolores Gonzalez Pastor, Expert in Regulation of Public Affairs and Telco Sector.
- Elia Ferrer, Senior Manager Public Affairs, Free Now.
- Alejandro Peral, Associate Director Kreab.
- Yolanda Roman, Expert in Public Affairs.
- Angel Mesado, Founding Partner of 19n.
- Andrea Vota, General Director Of The Spanish Association Of Online Gaming (Jdigital).
- Santiago Vitola, General Director of Business and Strategies.