As professionals in Associations and Business Organizations, we have verified the lack of sufficient knowledge on the profile, competences and professional skills required by the professionals who work in this sector.
Professionals of Associations have a complex professional activity that requires a wide range of specialized skills and knowledge: management and leadership capacity, internal and external communication capacity, spokesman ship, relational capacity, organization of events and congresses, deep knowledge of the legislative procedure both at the official and political level, identification of interest groups, etc.
Associations play a very important role in society and in the functioning of both the national economy and the development of the country. It is therefore necessary for them to have professional and well-trained managers capable of developing a strategic leadership vision to promote modernization.
It is important that business organizations and professional associations, when looking for a manager or professional, properly define their profile and select people who meet the requirements for the management and direction of these organizations.
On the other hand, it is necessary to spread more information about the importance we have as professionals in the adequate representation of the interests of the organizations we work for, in a moment of change in which transparency, sectorial reputation and social management acquire a particularly relevant dimension.
For these and other reasons, we have promoted the creation of a working group for APRI members who work for business associations: “APRI-ASOCIACIONES”.
The objectives set by the working group are:
- To elaborate and define the role of institutional relations and good practices in the management of the affairs within the Association.
- To elaborate a definition of the profile of the professional of the Associations and to promote it.
- To professionalize the associative staff, to be trained in association management, to use business tools, marketing, communication and strategy.
- To implement transparency in the management and processes of the associations.
- To create a space and network of contacts where experiences and information can be shared in the field of associationism within the framework of APRI to strengthen its members, in which they can discuss) possible services to members, CSR of the associations, representation of the interests of the associations, economic framework and sustainability of the associations, competitiveness of different sectors, possibilities of collaboration, formulas for attracting and retaining members, etc.).
- To enhance the role of associations and defend associationism as a vehicle for the participation of the private sector in public decision-making: the associative lobby.
- Promote measures to favor the development and the interests of the Associations (fair taxation, management of aid and subsidies, external audit, compliance, etc.).
- Carry out training seminars that serve to provide associations with resources to professionalize the activity.
The group is formed by the following APRI members:
- Esther Colino Caro – Manager of the Alliance for Beverage Cartons and the Environment (ACE)
- Pedro Claver Martín – Comunication and Public Affairs Manager of the General Council of Official Associations of Pharmacists.
- Cristina de Aguirre – Comunication and Public Affairs Director Brewers of Spain
- Borja de la Torre – Public Affaits expert at Mapfre
- Esteban Egea – Public Affairs at Multinacionales por Marca España
- José Antonio Ezquerra Hernández – Director of the Federation of Quarrying Companies of the Basque Country
- Borja López-Chicheri de la Torre – General Manager of the Spanish Association of Insurance Brokers (ADECOSE)
- Piluca Núñez López – Comunication and Public Affaist Director at the Spanish Wind Energy Association (AEE)
- Santiago Parras – Secretary of the Association of Quality Control and Independent Technical Control Companies (AECCTI)
- José Portilla González de Amézaga – Geneaal Manager of the Spanish Association of Automotive Suppliers (SERNAUTO)
- Elena Sáenz García-Baquero – General Manager of the National Association of Plant Breeders (ANOVE)
- Luis Suárez de Lezo Ferrer – Secratary of the Association of Industry and Commerce of Alcobendas (AICA)
- Felipe Medina Martín – General Technical Secretary of the Spanish Association of Distributors, Self-Service and Supermarkets (ASEDAS)